Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Saturday Matinee


Earlier this week Kevin asked if I wanted to attend Mary Poppins at the Capital Theater. I hadn't heard much about it, but loved, loved the film as a child. The more we talked about it, we decided that Miss Stella June should join us. I can remember the first time I went to the theater I was 9. My mom and dad took me to see Les Miserables. We went to the store before hand and picked out an outfit and I got to choose dinner and then we went to the show. I can remember every detail from that night and I adore Les Mis because of it. I'm not sure June with remember every single detail like I did, but I photographed it just in case. We took her to the store and bought her a new outfit and she picked out a pretty bracelet and necklace for the evening. That was her favorite part. On Saturday we painted her finger nails and put curls in her hair as she hummed along to Mary Poppins. She was convinced that we were going to see it at a movie theater and couldn't understand why she we were going to have popcorn. As we filed in with all the other little girls, we made our way to the front row, you know the seats with the most leg room, Stella was wide eyed with excitement. The orchestra was in front of her and she couldn't get over them playing, that was until Mary Poppins arrived. I'm not sure who loved it more, me or her. Watching her face as they were singing and dancing was priceless, then to see her sing along with them was even better. She was so good the entire performance, unfortunately she fell asleep 10 minutes before it ended, right as Mary Poppins was flying above her head. It was one of the best afternoons I've ever spent with Stella, she looked adorable, and was as good as gold the entire day. What more could you ask for? Thanks Kevin for making it such a great day for us, I never would have thought to attend or to take Stella.
If you have never seen Mary Poppins on Broadway, I highly suggest you do, it was fantastic!!!

 

Here she is in front of her seat, all confused as to why we aren't at a movie theater.

love love

3 comments :

  1. How fun! What a great first for her :) (Allan I saw it in LA and I thought it was magical... what about that carpet bag? Amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so beautiful with her cute new outfit and her darling smile and curly hair! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darling! Looks fun--I'm sure she won't forget that!

    ReplyDelete