Thursday, October 9, 2008

nothing clever about it...


We’ve had a bad day here at our household. I can’t even write anything clever about it. Stella has completed the list of fears I’ve had for her. Especially since we’ve moved to Sugarhood. She fell out of the stroller in Newport Beach and landed on the concrete on her head as Trevor and I were standing beside her. She rolled off the bed in Denver when Trevor tried to put her to sleep., then again in SLC when they were playing on the bed she crawled off the edge. She has fallen out of the grocery cart, climbed out of the crib, and fallen off the couch. Today she fell down the stairs. And if you have been to my house you may cringe. The house was built in the forties and they are not up to building code that is for sure. They are hard, steep, and narrow. Our carpet is unfortunately thin, rough and almost industrial grade; which goes even better over concrete stairs and basement floors. I was putting the baby gate up and she was behind me, when she reached over the edge of the stair and never looked back. She was over the edge before I could get to her, I watched her bounce and flop down 14 death stairs. She landed on her side at the bottom. I wasn’t far behind her, but when I got to her she was disoriented. She didn’t know if she should stand, sit, lay down, roll over or breathe even. The hysterics didn’t stop for about 20 minutes. After I stripped her clothing to make sure that her bones weren’t perturbing out she fell asleep in my arms with a bottle. Her eyes weren’t dilated but there was a bump above her eyeball. She was favoring her right side by her ribs; and when she awoke, I found it was a carpet burn. After a dose of Tylenol she has been back to normal, a little moody is all. And I keep shaking my head in ah of the whole thing, that she comes away from it, just a little grumpy? We love June Bug and are so glad she is crossed off all of the obvious falls. But we are not looking forward to the many more that are to come, hopefully they will have the same results as today and nothing worse...

No comments :

Post a Comment