Thursday, April 23, 2009

Brown Rice Pudding

My dad has stopped eating white rice and didn't enjoy it so much when I prepared this pudding with the wrong rice. So I spent weeks and weeks tweaking a new recipe. Here's how it goes.
I started with this rice.
I followed the instructions almost exactly. I didn't cook it as long, I only cooked it for 40 minutes opposed to 50. It was very soft. Almost tasted like Irish Oatmeal. Which I love oh so much.

The rice was fluffy, and had a great nutty flavor.

I then added the milk and sugar with some salt and boiled it for a long time it seemed. Only like 15 minutes, on medium heat.


Take the egg and beat it. Then add some of the milk mixture to the egg. Mix together until smooth.

Add the egg mixture to the pot of thickening rice pudding.
Cook for a few more minutes, it will start to boil like a pot of oatmeal.
I add this delicious vanilla bean paste to it to add that extra zing of flavor.
Added the butter and vanilla and combine until it reaches the ultimate creamy texture.
Then I ate the whole bowl without even sharing with Stella. I'm not very nice, but this is just way to good to share with a one year old who sucks on crayons.
Here is the recipe:
1 & 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
2 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

Love Love

1 comment :

  1. yUMM!! Looks as good as the spicy lady! going to make it today... but i'll have to use white rice until i get to Days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete