Monday, July 25, 2011

Dinner

I made dinner. Like a real dinner with meat and everything. I had the day off last week so the girls and I colored pictures and made spaghetti and meatballs. It was pretty dang good!

I made my favorite sauce from Smitten Kitchen . Tomatoes, butter and a whole onion simmered together! Mmm.
Then I made a hodge podge of meat balls. They had some pork, beef, parsley, onion, garlic and salt and pepper smashed inside them.
These might have been the inspiration for the dinner. Garlic Pull-A-Parts. I found the recipe here. They were really good.
It was a huge hit all around! Ruby was covered in sauce and noodles, Stella ate a bowl full and Kevin made sure there weren't any leftovers.
I froze a bunch of the meatballs before I cooked them for future dining and I think I will make a big batch of the sauce to do the same. Maybe then I will make dinner more often? Maybe.
After we put the girls to bed I whipped up a batch of mango sorbet. My new favorite addiction.

love love

No comments :

Post a Comment