Saturday, November 19, 2011

Month forty-eight

Stella June,
 Can you believe it has been 48 months? You are 48 months old! You have been my infant, my baby, my toddler and now you are my little girl. It still sometimes startles me that you are mine, that I get to watch you grow and change. I get to watch your cheeks grow and the gap teeth fill in. I get to be there on your first day of school and the first time you gave a primary talk. You are my little girl. This past year I've been able to watch you fall in love with Kevin as much as I have. I've watched you protect and take care of your sister. I've watched you melt down and surprise me with your strength. And through all the other moments of your life I couldn't be more proud to be your mother.

 You have blossomed into a little girl who believes things should be sparkly and pretty. You don't like to be dirty or have wear boring clothes. We bought you a great pair of clarks boots and I hoped you would love them because they had purple laces, and because Grandma Deb, Grandpa Trace, Me, Dad and Uncle Brian all have several pairs. You do not. They are not pretty enough. You would rather wear you pink flats that have a bow on the toe and that are two sizes to small. Most nights I lose sleep over the thought of your teenage years.
You have become an amazing big sister to Ruby. When Ruby gets scolded for biting or scratching she runs to you for reassurance. You will drop everything to snuggle her and make her feel better. It is so cute to watch the two of you bond and form alliances together. We are very much so on a man to man defense around the two of you.
Stella, you are invigorating and exhausting all at the same time. You are the sweetest little girl. Seriously. You are genuinely sweet and kind. You heart is bigger than your blue eyes. Thank you for teaching me how to be that way, for reminding me how to be full of kindness.
I love you so much.
love love
Mom

No comments :

Post a Comment