Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blah

I am having one of those days... Blah Blah Blah. Not feeling motivated to do anything and I just want to drink Diet Coke all day. Blah Blah Blah. I picked up my bridesmaids dress for Micall’s wedding yesterday. It desperately reminds me that I am the MATRON of honor. If being an old married mom at the ripe age of 22 wasn’t bad enough. The dress matches perfectly with everyone else’s, except its about 4 inches to wide on me and has a rouched band across the front, so it just makes me look fat. I love being a bridesmaid, no sorry MATRON of honor. I will just have to get a pair of KILLER heels that make my legs go for miles. I don’t care if I will be standing all day with a 1 year old, the shoes will be hot.
I am also thinking of making Tehmi 1’s new recipe for Chocolate “Cup” Cake. You make chocolate cake in a coffee cup in the microwave. Yes it is good, really good. Mostly because you can have a perfect size piece of hot fresh chocolate cake in about 4 minutes. I might have to show some restraint. ( yes after I wrote this, I made it and am enjoying some right now :) )
Here is the recipe, but I am warning you its dangerous

Ingredients:
1 regular sized coffee mug
1/4 C Flour
1/2 C Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
Splash of Vanilla
Optional
Nuts
Chocolate chips
Directions:
Add dry ingredients to the mug, mix well. Add egg, and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil, mix well. Add vanilla and optional ingredients. Mix again
Microwave for 3 minutes on high. the cake will rise over the top of the mug but don’t be alarmed. Allow to cool a little.
Serves two if you can share.

Oh good news, remember all those dried strawberries I had been taking out of my Special K cereal and leaving them on the counter, well Stella LOVES them! I just killed two birds with one stone! I now don’t feel bad about picking them out of my cereal and Stella eats fruit! It at least keeps her occupied in her high chair for more than 7 minutes. She now wiggles and climbs out of the high chair onto the counter. Even if she is strapped in, even if she the straps go over her shoulders and are as constricting as a bad bra. She still climbs out. It is awesome.

Last week I was making sugar cookies with Stella for Halloween. I know she doesn’t understand that we are baking together but one day when she is sitting on the counter with me eating the cookie dough off the mixer and asks how long she has been baking cookies, she will know that we have been tasting cookie dough together since forever. But she was in her high chair playing in the frosting and I was finishing the last of the pumpkins. I put her down on the floor and she started to crawl but with her tights on and flour on the floor; I know you are shocked that I got flour on the floor, it practically NEVER happens. But Stella slipped mid crawl and smacked her face on the tile floor. Next thing you know she has blood dripping everywhere. It was a little unnerving to pick up your daughter and get soaked in blood. She had smacked her bottom teeth on her top lip and sliced it open. The bleeding stop shortly and she feel asleep in my arms, but couldn’t suck on a bottle and she kept waking up in the night screaming with nothing but me to soothe her broken mouth. The next morning she wakes up with the fattest lip I’ve ever seen. Sign me up for mother of the year.


Alright internet, thanks for putting up with my ramble, here are some pictures of Stella.

Love Love








No comments :

Post a Comment