Friday, April 17, 2009

Rice Pudding

This week I thought I would share the best rainy day treat you can get; Rice Pudding. I love Rice Pudding and will usually double the amount of rice needed for dinner just so I can make this delightful treat the next day. I am currently working on a brown rice custard that we tasted at this great restaurant in Heber, The Spicy Lady. If you ever go out anywhere for dinner GO THERE. AMAZING.
Here is the current rice pudding recipe:

Creamy Rice Pudding

3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins ( I DO NOT ADD THESE. GROSS)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

2. In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.

Love Love

No comments :

Post a Comment