Thursday, February 25, 2010

4

It was a sunny unseasonably warm day. I had finished every check list and my mom had perfected every detail. We had the recommends and the marriage license. All of our family was there, the sun was shining. He had a fresh hair cut and a great new suit. I had a great pair of shoes to go with a dress that every little girl could dream of. It was our wedding day four years ago today. Some people say they are nervous, or that chaos ensues on the big day. Four years later all I can remember is being so blissfully happy. I remember walking into that room with all of our dear friends and family there and almost giggling outloud, pure joy as I was grinning from ear to ear. The day was perfect. Everything was perfect, the flowers, the food, the cake, the music, the pictures, the laughter, the ever flowing Diet Coke, the great people that came to support us as we started this great, chaotic adventure. The boy standing next me all day was perfect. Everything I could have dreamed of. In fact I had been dreaming of him since long before my dad asked him to take me out.

Four years later we are here and still smiling. All the details aren't nearly as perfect as they were on that day, but the joy is still there. I'm still grinning from ear to ear as we chase our children down the hall. We been through blown knees, puke, lots of puke, surguries, school, jobs, moving houses, two beautiful girls, long hair, short hair, bike seasons, ski seasons, a few pounds up and a few pounds down. Today we are stronger and wiser than 4 years ago. The chaos is still there, but our abilities are much better at taming it. I'm not sure we would have it any other way.


I love you Mr. Marsh, and I'm so glad you asked about Jerk Chicken.

Love Love

1 comment :

  1. Love the post, Tehmi! Congrats on 4 years! It really is amazing to look back at your lives and see the changes. The slide show is awesome -- but I can't get over how young you look in the beginning of it. :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete