Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

As I sit here and think about what a whirlwind 2010 has been I can't help but smile. I hope it remains in the top spot for most life changing year. Not because I loved it so much, but because I don't think I can handle anything crazier than the last 356 days. Even though every aspect of my life changed, there was so much good that happened. So many happy memories engulf my mind when I think back. I was surrounded by only happy, loving and beyond supportive people all year; from my girls, to my family, to my friends, to my tall friend. I experienced falling in love with a baby all over again, and learned how to let go of the hurt. I learned to lean on my family, and that breaking down is just fine, as long as what you build back up is better than before. I learned that I am way more technical than even I had realized and that I really don't wish my life was any different than it is right now. Trevor and I started and ended in a hurricane and somewhere in the eye of the storm two of the most terrific things happened. I would never ever change any of it. There is life after heartbreak and it tastes much sweeter than before.
As we say goodbye to 2010, I don't even have the desire to flip it the bird. I learned what I could handle and with the right people on my side you can endure anything. I'm not saying this year in any way was a breeze or even a rose garden. But what fun would it be to look back and only remember the heartbreak, the fighting and the sleepless nights. They were all there, and they were necessary to get to the other side. Now that we are here on the greener side and there is no need to dwell on any of it. We are here, we are peaceful, we are thriving, and we are so happy.
So just like years past, here is our 2010, and cheers to 2011!

love love

6 comments :

  1. i think tall friend is absolutely adorable and looks absolutely perfect with you... just saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the show and glad to pictures of your "tall friend". Cute!

    I scrolled down and saw the great Christmas decorating and was sad I didn't get to decorate my own this year. Next.

    Miss you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tehmi, you are a strong and beautiful mother and woman, hope that this year is a little easier and better than the last- good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tehmi I love this post!! I think the world of you and could never have gone through what you went through the past year! Oh and I am sooo happy for you now .... lovin the tall friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Tehmi you are a talented writer, a wonderful mom and a beautiful, strong woman. I am proud to know you, even if it is from afar. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it girl! I M happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete