Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ragnar

Kevin asked me a couple of months ago if I would run Ragnar. I laughed. Then told him no. Even with all the crazyiness of our past few months with the wedding, vacations and moving he still found time and desire to run Ragnar. Now, I can't necessarly get on board with this whole Ragnar event. I'm not a runner, and I'm not a fan of traffic. So when it bombards the roads of Heber I just shake my head. But Kevin said he was going to do it, so that means regardless of how much time to train and how much desire he has, he is going to do it.
After a few injuries in his van he ended up running a few more miles than anticipated, but loved every moment of it. He spent most of his time when he wasn't running, being the van cheerleader and motivator. The team was awesome and stopped off at our house for a quick shower and some muffins before we ventured to the finish line. It was a pretty cool event to see all those people so excited to be there, to be a part of something that huge. After the whole ordeal, I didn't gain any more desire to run it. But did gain a lot of respect for all those that do.



love love

2 comments :

  1. I couldn't have made it those last couple miles if it wasn't for "indian running" with Brian, Hunter, TJ, Mical, and Heather up in Jackson... Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kevin looks like mr incredible. i like it.

    ReplyDelete