Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Elder.

Oh that little Hunter Bunt. My roommate, my geek friend who takes pictures with me and follows Apple announcements. The kid who slept in my bed from age 2 to nearly 4. My baby brother.  He's all grown up now and going on a mission. The Postmaster called my mom at 6:30 this morning saying the call had arrived. Man I love small towns! The postmaster called and said if you can be here before 7am I can give it to you, otherwise I have to have it delivered. So of course she hurries down there in her jammies and picks it up. The texts messages go back and forth and our fine abilities to group text wakes everyone up. We wait. We wait and then we wait some more. There it sits the next two years of his life, in one envelope.


We all gathered around...

Thanks technology for allowing everyone to be there watching and listening!


 She cried. So did I...


Dear Elder Tolbert,
You are herby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Mexico Chihuahua Mission.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.

... ....
(Who reads past that part?)

        


Mexico.
He broke the streak. He's going to Mexico. (!!!)
And soon. In 112 days soon.

Hunter is the kind of kid you kinda want to hate. He is ridiculously talented at nearly everything he does. He's smart, he's witty, kind and social, well spoken, smart and unbelievably athletic. He has accomplished so much already, and I'm always beaming with pride about him. Unless I'm not, sometimes he is a stinking teenager that drives me crazy. But today, today was probably the most proud I have ever been of him. He will graduate high school and 6 days later report to the MTC to serve the people of Mexico. And I'm certain this will be his most successful time yet.

Atta Boy H, Atta Boy.

love love

1 comment :

  1. My mom works at the MTC in the scheduling office. She'll be the one in charge of his name tag. Tell him if he ever needs a pick me up on a hard day, she has a fantastic smile and treats. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete